Translate

02 September 2015

Hodge Podge Hai

Hodge Podge Two

Wrapping up my visit to Mỹ (the U.S.) and Canada, I thought I'd pass on a few things I've been collecting the past few months:

1)

Hang Son Doong is the world's largest known cave and I posted something about it at the end of my 19 May post. Now it's #1 on The Smithsonian's 21st Century Life List: 25 Great New Places to See! I'm especially excited because I booked a spot on the five-day expedition tour starting 9 February!

This page has more links about Hang Son Doong: Son Doong tops Smithsonian's list...


2) Here is a top candidate for most ironic t-shirt:

Snohomish County firefighter Ken Lawless, left, and Lt. Brandon Gardner being thanked by a man near Omak after firefighters saved his home from a wildfire.
Snohomish County firefighter Ken Lawless, left, and Lt. Brandon Gardner being thanked by a man near Omak after firefighters saved his home from a wildfire. Photo: Elaine Thompson, AP
The t-shirt sported by the "gentleman" on the right says "Lower Taxes + Less Government = More Freedom." Uh-huh... I wonder this moron has a clue who pays the firefighters he's thanking? If he got what his shirt says he wants, he'd also get a HUGE multi-tens-of-thousands invoice for the firefighters' work in his Libertarian Utopia.

He should move to Somalia where every day they experience the reality of Ayn Rand's concept of a perfect society.


3)Random Hyperlinks of-interest:

Street art with a message of hope and peace

You gotta click on this one:
Stopping in the shade can get you fined

16 untranslatable words from other languages

Definition of motorcycle apparel terms

Calvin and Hobbes


The next post will be soon after my return home in mid-September...

Until then, stay safe.


No comments:

Post a Comment